20/05/2021 by admin Early Childhood Center, Social Studies 0 comments
Meet our Classroom Helpers!
Every classroom is like a family, with each person playing an important role. Everyone should be involved in caring for the classroom and its members, thus the need for creating meaningful classroom jobs and having a classroom helper to carry them out. Here are a few more good reasons this role is important:
- it gives students ownership of their school day.
- it gives children of all ages a real sense of accomplishment, building self-esteem in a meaningful way.
- it helps children to develop self control.
- children become more responsible for themselves and their environment
- it’s a great way for children to practice teamwork and to see that we are all in this together.
- the change of role every day and the anticipation of his/her turn teaches the child patience and taking turns.
Every morning the students show great interest in knowing who the Classroom Helper is for the day and agree with the teacher on which jobs need to be done throughout the day. Lately they’ve been doing some gardening, among other things!
Nursery 3 Teacher